I woke up at 2 am to pee, and see how many text messages I'd gotten. I went on Twitter, and I was just hollowed-out.
I expected cooler heads to prevail.
A misogynist, racist, fear-mongering demagogue was put into office, quite easily. The Republicans have control of the senate - I'm just in shock.
I hope Americans feeling targeted and afraid can find comfort in friends and family.
I don't know what to say, I'm devastated for us all.
I also have a lot of questions.
Will people refuse to work with him?
Will people quit from the White House?
What does it take for an impeachment? If he is impeached, does that make Pence the president?
I just - I'm overwhelmed.
Donald Trump makes good on his promise to have Election Day observers monitoring immigrants pic.twitter.com/dRpDqhylzQ— Freddie Campion (@FreddieCampion) November 8, 2016
First thing Clinton should do as president is pour everything into education so that this never ever happens again.— (((guterman))) (@danguterman) November 9, 2016
The fact that Donald Trump the Hateful isn't losing by a landslide to Hillary Clinton is a stain that America cannot bleach away.— Awesomely Luvvie (@Luvvie) November 9, 2016
*white supremacy rules for centuries*— Gran Varones (@TheGranVarones) November 9, 2016
white people: racism is over.
*trump winning*
white people: oh my god, racism is alive! pic.twitter.com/hjK3nhrO2l
When ππΎ will ππΎ white ππΎ people ππΎ hold ππΎ themselves ππΎ accountable ππΎ for ππΎ Donald ππΎ Trump ππΎ— Heben Nigatu (@heavenrants) May 4, 2016
BUT— Gabe Liedman (@gabeliedman) November 9, 2016
LIKE
HE
SHOULD
HAVE
GOTTEN
ZERO
VOTES
πΆ
SEND
— banksy (@thereaIbanksy) November 9, 2016
America is a motel bed and Trump is the black light exposing the humongous filth stain across most of the mattress. #ElectionNight— Travon Free (@Travon) November 9, 2016
THE FUCKING KKK ENDORSED THIS MAN. THATS WHO YOU VOTED FOR.— Timothy Simons (@timothycsimons) November 9, 2016
It's not rigged. It's genuine me-first, alt-right whiteness, purse-gripping xenophobia, compounded by inherent fear of a woman's leadership— gilly youner (@gillyarcht) November 9, 2016
Listening to pundits discuss every possible reason for this except the actual ones: systemic racism and misogyny.— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) November 9, 2016
Trump literally said he grabs women by the pussy on camera and human beings still voted for him today.— BenDavid Grabinski (@bdgrabinski) November 9, 2016
Donald Trump is winning because America is racist, not because black people didn't vote.— Julian (@Ju_JustGetsIt) November 9, 2016
Tell me again how rape and sexual assault accusations will ruin a man's career— Paxmee (@Paxmee) November 9, 2016
People ask why women don't report sexual assault. You got your answer: a man can have double digit accusers & still be elected President.— Liz Strand (@LizStrand) November 9, 2016
Stop telling ppl they'll be okay. There are a lot of people in this country that Donald Trump, himself, has promised won't be okay.— Astead Wesley (@AsteadWH) November 9, 2016
It's mourning in America.— Andrew Hibbard (@andrewhibbard) November 9, 2016
Tradition over truth, arrogance over info, Fame over decency, white male power over, everything. Being horrible is a culture. #ElectionNight— jesseWilliams. (@iJesseWilliams) November 9, 2016
Maybe don't tell everyone it's going to be ok. For some people it's going to be a knockdown drag out fight to stay alive. Be ready to help.— Dan Telfer (@dantelfer) November 9, 2016
DON'T MOURN, ORGANIZE— Jeff Chang (@zentronix) November 9, 2016
DON'T DESPAIR, CREATE
RAPE CULTURE JUST GOT RAPIER— Chelsea Peretti (@chelseaperetti) November 9, 2016
Hate spiked after Brexit, and will likely spike tomorrow in US. Here's a guide to intervening if you witness it. https://t.co/bihY0pvBqP— Jackie Monkiewicz (@jmonkiew) November 9, 2016
"I feel sick to my stomach"- Scientists And Doctors Are Freaking Out About A President Trump https://t.co/hiR8OlUb8f— Ben Smith (@BuzzFeedBen) November 9, 2016
And in closing...KKK on the bridge in Mebane, NC this morning πͺ pic.twitter.com/GcSQeUB3w9— shorty guizman (@kelbi1lewis) November 9, 2016
Read this thread:handle your sorrow with care. handle your anger with care. handle your loved ones with care. do not harm the guilty. do not harm yourself— hari nef (@harinef) November 9, 2016
Today is going to be a shit mental health day for so many of us. Here's what you can do:— L.D. Lapinski (@ldlapinski) November 9, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment