It's quick, cleaver, sweet and occasionally absurd and dark as fuck. It's my life. The fact that much of the show also deals with mental illness in a super open way is just the icing on top of a delicious television cake.
I just relate to it so much. Sometimes really dark things happen, and then sometimes you dress up your dog and make a music video.
This exchange takes place in a psychiatric hospital:
I love the humour, I love the credits and the visuals. I just love it. I love it I love it I love it.
The first two seasons just played on CBC here in Canada, and seem to be playing on ABC in the US.
I don't know much about Josh, he hasn't done a ton of press here. It goes without saying (as I say it) that I want to be friends with him. He seems great.
I know the show has been compared to Louis and Girls, which I think is fair, though Please Like Me is sweeter and funnier, but there is an often darker/grittier undertone, just subtler. Louis and Girls can have very dark episodes, but Please Like Me can talk about something pretty serious or dark through a lens that's still pretty ambivalent and sarcastic.
A lot of the above gifs are from the Please Like Me official Tumblr.



No comments:
Post a Comment