He recently re-tweeted an article out of Stanford Medicine:
Stanford researchers devise treatment that relieved depression in 90% of participants in small study
Stanford Medicine researchers used high doses of magnetic stimulation, delivered on an accelerated timeline and targeted to individual neurocircuitry, to treat patients with severe depression.My experience was positive. But nothing is as simple as just that snapshot of good or bad. I also had just started working for the government, and had solid pay and work and benefits for the first time in my life. I was walking to and from the appointments 4 or 5 times a week, getting fresh air and sun and cutting into my work hours. I was feeling like for the first time, in a long time I was able to seek help for my depression in a tangible (medically recognized) way. So, yes, I feel the procedure helped me. But it cannot be extracted from how the confines of my life changed during that time as well.
I accessed the treatment through McGill University - and have since had no follow-ups with them. Nobody ever called me, or checked in - so I've not had the opportunity to go back in for other appointments. Like many services I've access in the past - I've just been let go back into the world.
I hope word gets out and this becomes widely available. I'd like to go back in. I'd like for other people to not have to work so hard to access relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment