Depression itself, however, is linked with an increased risk of becoming obese, according to a 2010 analysis that included more than 58,000 people. The reverse holds true as well, the study found; obese people are more likely to suffer from depression. As a result, “it is easy to misattribute the weight gain to a medicine when, in fact, it may largely be related to the illness being treated,” cautions Richard Shelton, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.I'm not in a good place this week. I feel bloated and swollen and just exhausted. I have a good week and walk a lot and do some yoga and eat well, and then something happens and I just feel like shit physically and it all feels like work that doesn't actually translate to feeling better.
I feel sick. I feel like there's something wrong with my physically, on top of the emotional pain.
Yesterday I got home and my brain was just so fuzzy. I felt like I was listening to two people talk at the same time. I was overwhelmed. My mother saw it in my face. I was in a similar state Tuesday night too, which she mentioned. I just said, "I feel fuzzy, and weird," while tapping on my forehead.
I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday (the appointment had been cancelled and moved twice over this summer). I've now been on the new medication since early June, so I need to re-visit that with him. I took the day off, so I can sleep in and then drive there. It'll make my week shorter.
Not having any vacation this summer is also getting me down. I need a break. I want to shut down for a few days. I want fresh air and quiet.
I want to go to there:
No comments:
Post a Comment