Friday, June 12, 2015

Demi Lovato's Be Vocal campaign.

I had heard via social media that Demi Lovato was part of a mental health sensitization campaign called Be Vocal. I'm not super familiar with Lovato. I've heard a few of her songs on the radio, but I know her mainly as someone who has been open and vocal about her experiences with eating disorders and depression. Over time, she's become increasingly candid about living with bipolar disorder.













I just googled Lovato. She's 22. That's bananas to me. In my early 20's I was barely human. No doubt she's had to grow up really fast though, I think she was a Disney/Nickelodeon starlet (à-la-Miley and Hilary Duff). I can't imagine going through everything she did publicly. She's extremely well spoken on the issue, so she must be well surrounded and supported. I'm sure Disney money means top-notch mental health professionals. Good on her for being open and honest about it, she'll help a lot of her peers and younger fans.

HA-HA, I just realized the website is sponsored by big pharma. Of course it is! Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. - how quaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment