Friday, February 6, 2015

Depressing thought: douches and villains.

When I watch a movie where a character is clearly a villain, I always wonder about those watching who don't perceive them as villains, but as heroes. 

Right now I can't get Bradley Cooper as a douche in Wedding Crashers out of my head, or Dr. Rick in Fired Up (way more obscure but a good one) -  but obviously there are examples that are much more disturbing. 

I'm currently reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, and here are two brutal murderers who still consider themselves the heroes of their adventure story. This is quietly evident in the way Capote writes them.

I can understand that the very concept of a "villain" is subjective, but there are still shitty people who make shitty choices - choices that negate the well-being of others. There are those who just don't give a shit. 

These people don't look up to Veronica Mars or Leslie Knope, they look up to Bradley Whitford in Billy Madison.

Just one example of a fun little thought that takes up space in my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment