Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A push from the mystical.

According to my horoscope from Free Will Astrology good things can come from that which has been rotted or destroyed. 

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): In the baseball film *The Natural,* the
hero Roy Hobbs has a special bat he calls "Wonderboy." Carved out of
a tree that was split by a lightning bolt, it seems to give Hobbs an
extraordinary skill at hitting a baseball. There's a similar theme at
work in the Australian musical instrument known as the didgeridoo.
It's created from a eucalyptus tree whose inner wood has been eaten
away by termites. Both Wonderboy and the didgeridoo are the results
of natural forces that could be seen as adverse but that are actually
useful. Is there a comparable situation in your own life, Capricorn? I'm
guessing there is. If you have not yet discovered what it is, now is a
good time to do so.


I'm taking this as the nudge I've needed. Over the last few weeks I've felt maybe blogging about my experiences would help purge some of the reoccurring thoughts I have. 

I've had a lot of back and forth about it (internally of course). First, blogging seems to be a cultural cliché at this point. It sounds like a shitty comment I'd have made back when I was a bitch. 

Friend: "I really hate X politician."
Me: "Why don't you blog about it."

Second, it's in my nature to be honest. Sometimes brutally so. Especially when it comes to myself. So, this opens me up to criticism and possible negativity (and trolling) I might not be able to stomach. 

We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment