Thursday, September 24, 2015

Trying to learn from Kanye.



Kanye West has healthy self-esteem. At least it seems so. If it's all an act, it's very convincing.

He’s always been quick to call-out those being shitty to him, or those who weren’t taking him seriously. 

I remember watching the Hurricane Katrina fundraiser live, and when he said what many were thinking, “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.” I was shocked (see Mike Meyers face). He looked directly into the camera, and you could see he was upset, and angry. He was also right.

First of all, Kanye West is insanely talented. Whole other level. I purchased all of his first albums (when I purchased CDs) and was especially drawn to his clever sassy bits. For example: “look at this pea coat, tell me he's broke.”

Adorable.

His visuals, his art direction, his content, his tone, his production value – all of it = brilliant.

His live performances on SNL were genius. His collaborations with Jay-Z, and his recent production work with The Weeknd, just further prove his aptitude, not that anybody is questioning it at this point.

All of this is to say, Kanye also has the talent and the acumen to back-up his confidence.

When I see some of his interactions with the media, whether they belittle his work or the racism he’s faced, I take heed of his innate sense of self.

It seems he never questions himself on his value. 


I respect and envy that, as a person, and especially as a creative.

Here are just some of the examples of his legendary confidence:



Anyway, he's not perfect, but he lives his life in a way I admire, and that is totally alien to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment