Thursday, November 3, 2016

My doctor is missing, again.

Well, it happened again. Dr. Rishi is missing.

He was suppose to change clinics this summer. He let me know he was opening his own, which seemed great, since the walk-in clinic he was in was far away and the service wasn't great.

I called to make an appointment with him, and was told he was no longer taking appointments while he set up his new practice.

I saw him on the street outside of work a few weeks later (maybe in July), and he said I'd get a letter with the details of his new office "in August."

Cut to the end of October - where I've heard nothing, so I e-mail his former office, which says they don't yet have any details, and to call the office on October X to see if I can talk to him while he's in.

I call on said day and they ask me to e-mail in. I do. I receive this response:

Dear Patient,

I am currently out of the office and unavailable until November 7, 2016.

I am currently working to move my practice to its new location in Westmount. I will leave full forwarding and contact info with my current clinic as soon as available.

If you require a renewal of medication, please have your pharmacist send a request by fax to 514-281-3885.

If you have an emergency, you should go the hospital. If a non-urgent issue that you would like to be seen for immediately, please visit the walk-in clinic. All of your results and dossier will be transferred with me, and I look forward to seeing you at the new clinic!

Thank you,
 
Dr. Rishi 
I do as it asks, I fax in, since my meds are almost up, and I also need an adjusted referral for a dermatologist, and, of course, wait for it, the fax number is out of order.

Ghosted!

ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment