Friday, April 28, 2017

Microdosing and Medical Marijuana.

Rolling Stone has a piece up on micro-dosing marijuana and how it's an increasing trend. Lately, I've been reading a lot about micro-dosing in general, as its shown benefits to some in treating mental illness, and other maladies.

Why Microdosing Is Taking Over Medical Marijuana by Sara Davidson goes into weed specifically:
Humans and other mammals have cannabinoid receptors, which are found throughout the body in tissues, organs, and especially the brain. The body naturally makes chemicals that fit into these receptors, and together they regulate and balance the body's systems, from digestion to nerve signaling to the immune system. Whether by coincidence or evolution, the cannabinoids found in the marijuana plant mimic the endocannabinoids made by the body.

I've been looking into it and discussing it with a friend who's micro-dosing marijuana now - it's really interesting. It seems affordable and with the upcoming legalisation of it all, I have a twinkle of hope. 

I'm worried since I didn't ever really smoke well. I get anxious. So maybe micro-dosing would help anxiety and depression - I just have my doubts about treating severe depression with weed.  I have to keep reading up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment