Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tig.



The Neflix Tig documentary is fantastic. I watched it last night and laughed and cried. Then laughed, then cried again.

If you're not familiar with Tig Notaro, she's a very very dry comic who works  in the obvious and the uncomfortable and she's so so calm and confident in her stand-up. She's just fantastic.

I've had the pleasure of seeing her live when she came to Montreal for the Just For Laughs festival, her show was small, personal, and the energy in the room was palpable and giddy. I watch her stuff any chance I get.

The stand-up set the film references, Live, is indeed absolutely brilliant. I listened to it days after it happened, since the comedians I follow on Twitter were raving about it. Sometimes honesty about the brutality of life just speaks to people so so deeply. And this did.

I think the world of her, she's brilliant. I recommend the documentary, and I recommend her special, Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment