Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mental Illness in 90's film.

The Witching Hour is a great podcast that discusses popular culture, feminism and all sorts of rad things. I was turned onto it by one of the co-hosts, who I studied with at Concordia's Simone de Beauvoir Institute.

I miss Women's Studies often. Especially the pop-culture heavy classes, that really spoke to me in a way that I hadn't experienced before in an academic setting. I really miss the (relatively) safe spaces and the amazing discussions that would take place there. I miss daily inspirations. I miss the power-house professors. . .

The latest episode of The Witching Hour discussed mental illness as represented in 90’s film

Pop culture + things I know about = my wheelhouse. 

Girl, Interrupted is on my list of "to-do" blog topics, so I was really excited to listen to this episode.





No comments:

Post a Comment