Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hey I just met you, and I might be crazy, but here's my e-mail, so solve my problems maybe.

Hey B,

I hope you don't mind, I lifted your e-mail address from C's visit announcement.

It was mentioned in passing during conversation that your master's research is in the disability spectrum (I'm not sure in what regard).

I was wondering if you'd be willing to send me anything you come across dealing more specifically with mental illness and depression. I'm trying to work through some of my own stuff on my blog, and sometimes pieces about mental health, about self-care or depression or suicide allow me to focus what I think and feel a bit more.

I mean, a lot of things interest me . . . . feminist issues as a whole - which is basically everything. But my main point of view comes from someone who is chronically depressed and struggles daily.

I was also wondering if you have any orgs you can refer me to. . . If you come across them. I know disability is a huge umbrella term . . . . But maybe you know of stuff - local and otherwise - that could be helpful. . .


Lately, for me, my depression has been rough, and right now I'm really struggling with understanding it as a disability (and not a demon I deserve) . . . I'm also struggling with working full-time, so I wonder what my rights are . .

What a shit-show!

Anyway, I hope you're well. Sorry to be such an intense bummer.

I'm not having a good day today, and when that happens I try and reach out - no doubt a symptom of my desperation.

I have limp spoons today. They're plastic and have been left in a hot car. They're despondent.



K.

No comments:

Post a Comment